Sunday, August 24, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Leading international trainers in the English teaching field spoke at the event, attended by more than 700 English teachers and educational managers.
The conference featured internationally recognised teachers in the ESL field, including professors David Nunan and Andy Curtis, who continue to have innovative ideas. They emphasised the importance of a modern approach using communicative methods rather than the traditional approach through grammar.
The conference, free to teachers, is held annually. The Viet Nam-USA Society’s English Training Service Centre co-operated with the Teaching English as Foreign Language International in hosting the workshop.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Date: Thursday, 31 July 2008, at 5:50 a.m.
• General English teaching to adults and children of all ages.
Start date : AUGUST,SEPTEMBER 2008
Job requirements for teaching positions
. Native English speaker
. Recognised Degree
. CELTA, TEFL or equivalent
. Minimum of six months experience
. Commitment to professional development and high teaching standards
. Working visa
. Accommodation and the school subsidises most of the bills
. Vietnamese lessons
. US$ 1,000 per month and bonus for completion the contract
( Living costs in Hai Phong are 300-400USD per month. Class contact hours are a maximum of 20 hours per week. Teachers work five days a week. Sunday and one other day off per week and are free from their duties during normal Vietnamese holiday periods or additional government approved non-teaching days. )
Six, nine or twelve months
Hai Phong is located in the delta of the Red River, on the coast of the South China Sea, it is the third largest city of
How to Apply
Please forward the following to our recruitment department, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
. Full CV, dated and with referees
. Copy of passport page with details and photograph
For more information about the Tyndale Education Group see www.tyndale.edu.sg
Date: Thursday, 31 July 2008, at 5:52 a.m.
Would you like to:
• Teach engaging and enjoyable academic English courses in a university setting
• Prepare learners to take advantage of educational, social and inter- cultural opportunities that will increase their career prospects
• Be part of an Australian initiative that is widening access to international tertiary education in the Asian region
• Enhance the reputation of RMIT International University, Vietnam and the Centre of Language and Learning by providing high quality teaching and valuable learning experiences for all
If you have experience relevant to preparing learners for academic studies and are well qualified, RMIT offers the chance to join a rewarding and satisfying teaching and learning community in
RMIT Vietnam offers:
• A supportive working environment
• A competitive remuneration package including paid annual and sick leave and a medical insurance plan
• Access to modern technology in the classroom
• Training in the use of the latest communication technologies in education
• Professional development
RMIT Vietnam is the Asian hub of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (established in 1887) with more than 4 000 students studying in
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
• Bachelor degree mandatory, MA preferred
• CELTA or equivalent internationally recognised TEFL qualification
• 2 years relevant experience in English language training
• Native speaker of English
Further information on employment requirements, the University, its programs and its teaching and learning style can be found at www.rmit.edu.vn
Application package must include:
• employment application form to be found at www.rmit.edu.vn
(click on 'About RMIT Vietnam' then 'Employment Opportunities')
• current CV detailing relevant experience, previous English teaching and academic qualifications
• names and current email contact details of referees (including current or most recent employer/s)
• copies of degree/s and English teaching qualification
• copy of passport photo page
In a covering letter provide any additional information to support your application including your availability to commence employment with RMIT Vietnam should you be successful in your application.
• Submit the application package to email@example.com.
All foreign employees are required by Vietnamese laws to obtain a Work Permit. RMIT Vietnam will assist employees to obtain the permit however you will be required to obtain a Criminal Clearance from your own country and authentication of your academic qualifications. Additional information will be provided to successful applicants
Monday, July 28, 2008
Adventurous & looking for a new exciting challenge
Enjoys travel & meeting new people
Hard working & enjoys working with or teaching kids & teenagers
1. Hold a 3 or 4 year Bachelors degree from a recognised university
2. Be of native English speaker from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K. & U.S.A.
3. Hold a CELTA or equivalent TEFL course or be willing to undertake one in Ho Chi Minh
4. Be available for a 12 month contract period overseas.
Note: 4 week CELTA can be undertaken in Vietnam, with 50% of course fees refunded when a 12 month contract in completed, and the second 50% after year two.
Starting Date: Every Month
Salary: 1500 USD min / month
Relocation allowance: $750 USD (net)
Contract Completion Bonus: $750 USD (net)
Contract Re-signing Allowance: $1000 - $2000 USD net
Contract Length: 12 Months
Number of Teaching Hours: Actual teaching hours between 15 & 24 hours / week.
Housing: First weeks accommodation is provided free guesthouse. After that most teachers live in a shared house with other teachers for about $200 USD a month
Travel: Paid by teacher
Vacations: Paid vacations plus all national holidays
Visa: Visa sponsored by employer
Airport Pick-up: Teachers will be met at the airport on arrival
Language Classes: FREE beginners Vietnamese lessons available
Number of Positions
How to Apply
Online application form ESL Job Board for Asia or email your CV & Photo to Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maypark House, Maypark Lane,
Waterford City, Rep of Ireland
Tel: 353 (0)51 347 227
Fax: 353 (0)51 875 483
Web: Tiger English, ESL Jobs in Asia â€“ FREE Placement
Updated On: Monday, 28 July, 2008 09:05
Expires On: Saturday, 06 September, 2008 09:04
Reply to: (Use contact form below)
Jobs teaching English as a second language in Asia, (ELS) jobs. Work live and travel in Cambodia, China, Thailand or Vietnam.
CAMBODIA TEACHING JOBS - Pre University
The University anticipates the need for approximately 10 new English language teachers for the start of each semester. Preferred applicants will have a Bachelors Degree and a TEFL / TESOL certificate for a minimum of 120 hours program that included at least 6 hours of observed teaching practice.
CAMBODIA TEACHING ENGLISH JOBS - Pre University
Teaching Institution: Pre University ESL Admissions programs
Students Age: 17 - 25 years old
Teaching Class Size: 25 - 30 students
Teacher's Salary: $10 USD per hour up to 30 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Classrooms Conditions: Air Con Classrooms
Teaching Facilities: Good Facilities
Other Teaching Info: Well motivated students and cooperative administrative
Apply for a teaching English job in Pre University
To apply for an English teaching position you MUST meet all of the minimum teaching requirements for your chosen country. If you meet of the requirements select the Job Placement Only option on the application form. Find out more about the Job Placement Only offer.
Check the teaching English requirements for teaching in Cambodia
THAILAND TEACHING JOBS - Public, Private, Special Language Schools
THAILAND TEACHING ENGLISH - Public, Private, Special Language Schools
Teaching Institution: Teachers needed across the board from public schools to private schools to special language schools and corporate.
Students Age: All Ages
Teaching Class Size: Generally reasonable class sizes from reputable programs
Teacher's Salary: 25000 Baht to 50,000 Baht and higher per month, depending on various factors
Classrooms Conditions: Variable
Teaching Facilities: Good Facilities
Other Teaching Info: Well motivated students and cooperative administrative staff. More evening and weekend classes, less likely to have air con.
VIETNAM TEACHING JOBS - Language Schools
VIETNAM TEACHING ENGLISH - Language Schools
Teaching Institution: Primarily language schools, some of them extremely large.
Students Age: All Ages
Teaching Class Size: Reasonable to Large
Teacher's Salary: Salaries run $12 to $18 per hour
Classrooms Conditions: Air Con Classrooms
Teaching Facilities: Generally have nice equipment
Other Teaching Info: Salaries run $12 to $18 per hour
Teach and travel in Asia. TEFL / TESOL training can give you the international skills you need to teach and travel around Asia as well as the world. Teach the English language within cultures and help improve global communication.
TEFL / TESOL training programs, teaching English jobs, work placements, volunteer programs, learn a new language in a abroad and Travel around Asia.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Posted By: ILA Vietnam <email@example.com>
Date: Friday, 25 July 2008, at 3:27 a.m.
Academic Manager – HCMC- 5
The Academic Manager will manage HCMC5 in Cholon district [China town]. . The centre has over 700 students, 25 classrooms and 13 teachers offering programmes for young learners, adults and corporate clients. The centre is housed in Huong Vuong Plaza, a top-end complex also home to Parkson departments store, a cinema, supermarket and gym.
We are looking for an academic team leader with excellent communication skills who has the natural ability to work collaboratively with the established academic management team and other academic staff.
You will be organised, motivated, have the ability to lead a team, and have previous experience in a similar role.
The main focus is on people management, maintaining teacher supply and quality control. Support and training is provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Deadline for applications: 4th August 2008
Position start date: 1st September
• Managing up to 25 teachers and one Academic Coordinator
• Monitoring and managing all academic aspects of the centre
• Quality Control
• Other academic and administrative duties as requested
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent
• Previous experience as a Director of Studies / Academic Manager [Preferred]
• A minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience (including experience with young learners)
• A Native English language speaker
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience working within reputable language teaching organisations (preferable)
• Solid experience in a people management role
• Analytical with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package which is based on qualifications and experience.
There are 4 salary scales, ranging from $33,600 to $45,900 usd gross per annum.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Paid national holidays (approximately 30 days per annum)
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
1 or 2 year contracts available.
Initial training and on-going support will provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Please forward the following to Elizabeth Copley, Senior Academic Manager, ILA Vietnam, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full CV, dated and with references
• Copy of passport page with details and photograph
• Cover letter explaining how his/her qualifications and experience relate to the above
criteria and reasons for applying for the position