In close collaboration with the ADB and MONRE, WWF Greater Mekong is running a 5-year project, the Central Truong Son Biodiversity Conservation Corridor which aims to maintain the ecological integrity of the Central Truong Son landscape through improved management of core areas for biodiversity conservation and the sustainable development of the landscape through the creation of community co-management
mechanisms. In Vietnam, the project covers the provinces of Quang Nam, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue provinces. In Quang Tri, the CTS Conservation Programme is also supported through a grant from DANIDA.
WWF Vietnam Country Programme is seeking an experienced and qualified national candidate to fill the position of COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER working full-time for a WWF project in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam.
Major duties and responsible:
The Community Development Officer is a full-time position to the project. The position will be contracted by WWF to facilitate participatory and consultative processes in community land use planning, community co-management agreement, which stakeholders develop, agree and adopt participatory management plans within a natural resource management mosaic under this project.
The position will assist the Quang Tri provincial authorities to develop and implement community based forest management in Dakrong and Huong Hoa communes, and assist in the implementation of both DANIDA and BCI project activities as agreed with provincial partners, and under direction from the Quang Tri Technical Advisor.
The main qualifications required:
- A higher degree in a related field (forestry, sociology, resource management)
- At least five years of professional experience in a relevant field
- Experience working for or with ODA projects and/or a relevant government agency
- Familiarity with community conservation concepts, including community forestry and co-management
- Familiarity with the Vietnamese government institutional framework for community forestry and conservation
- Proven ability to design and supervise participatory community based conservation models
- Proven ability to work in a team of mixed skills, interests and abilities towards a common goal
- Ability to focus on large-scale objectives and adapt activities and processes to meet the overall needs of a project
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese and English
Duty Station: WWF Project Office in Dong Ha, Quang Tri, Viet Nam
Closing date for applications: Friday, 26 October 2007 with interviews afterward
Applicants should send their CVs and covering letters in English to Mr. Mark Grindley, CTS Technical Advisor, WWF Vietnam Country Programme. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to:
WWF Project Office in Dong Ha
c/o Quang Tri Forest Protection Department
39 Tran Hung Dao, Dong Ha, Quang Tri,
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No telephone contact.
Interested candidates are invited to visit WWF website: http://www.panda.org/greatermekong