Posted By: ILA Vietnam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Friday, 25 July 2008, at 3:27 a.m.
Academic Manager – HCMC- 5
The Academic Manager will manage HCMC5 in Cholon district [China town]. . The centre has over 700 students, 25 classrooms and 13 teachers offering programmes for young learners, adults and corporate clients. The centre is housed in Huong Vuong Plaza, a top-end complex also home to Parkson departments store, a cinema, supermarket and gym.
We are looking for an academic team leader with excellent communication skills who has the natural ability to work collaboratively with the established academic management team and other academic staff.
You will be organised, motivated, have the ability to lead a team, and have previous experience in a similar role.
The main focus is on people management, maintaining teacher supply and quality control. Support and training is provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Deadline for applications: 4th August 2008
Position start date: 1st September
• Managing up to 25 teachers and one Academic Coordinator
• Monitoring and managing all academic aspects of the centre
• Quality Control
• Other academic and administrative duties as requested
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent
• Previous experience as a Director of Studies / Academic Manager [Preferred]
• A minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience (including experience with young learners)
• A Native English language speaker
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience working within reputable language teaching organisations (preferable)
• Solid experience in a people management role
• Analytical with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package which is based on qualifications and experience.
There are 4 salary scales, ranging from $33,600 to $45,900 usd gross per annum.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Paid national holidays (approximately 30 days per annum)
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
1 or 2 year contracts available.
Initial training and on-going support will provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Please forward the following to Elizabeth Copley, Senior Academic Manager, ILA Vietnam, email: email@example.com
• Full CV, dated and with references
• Copy of passport page with details and photograph
• Cover letter explaining how his/her qualifications and experience relate to the above
criteria and reasons for applying for the position