ESL/EFL/TEFL Job Location:
Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam ESL/EFL/TEFL Country Info
ESL/EFL/TEFL Job Type:
ESL/EFL/TEFL Job Description:
Academic Manager – HCMC- 3
The Academic Manager will manage HCMC3, a purpose built training centre which is a 5 min walk from the Pham Ngu Lao area of HCMC. It has 24 classrooms and all the facilities offered by other centres as well as being the home of our Head Office team. The centre will offer programmes for young learners, adults and corporate clients as well as an intensive overseas study programme.
The Academic Manager is responsible for the day to day management and development of teachers on all teaching programmes.
The main focus is teacher management and quality control. Support and training is provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Deadline for applications: 18th July 2008
Position start date; 1st September 2008
• Teacher scheduling
• Induction of new teachers
• Teacher observations / appraisals / quality control
• Teacher development / support
• Testing and assessment
• Placement testing
• Teaching and substitute teaching
• Other academic and administrative duties as requested
• DELTA / Masters in TESOL or equivalent
• 3 years’ teaching experience (including experience with young learners)
• Native English Speaker
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience working within reputable language teaching organizations
• Experience as an Academic Manager / Director of Studies is desirable but not essential as training and support will be provided.
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package which is based on qualifications and experience.
There are 4 salary scales, ranging from $33,600 to $45,900 usd gross per annum.
Highlights of the Financial Package
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Paid national holidays (approximately 30 days per annum)
• Contract completion payment
• Contract re-signing allowance
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
1 or 2 year contracts available.
Initial training and on-going support will provided by the Senior Academic Manager.
Please forward the following to Elizabeth Copley, Senior Academic Manager, ILA Vietnam, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Full CV, dated and with references
• Copy of passport page with details and photograph
• Cover letter explaining how his/her qualifications and experience relate to the above
criteria and reasons for applying for the position
For further information please visit our website at
Dependant on experience Currency Converter
Contract Start &
* Contact Name:
* Contact Email:
xxxxxxxx Log In To View Email (Join Free) or Apply Now below